Monday, September 1, 2008

Project Patchwork

Project patchwork was inspired by a group of nurses based in Brisbane, who make approximately 2 quilts per year and have done so for the last nine years to raise money for the cancer community.

My family has had a high incidence of cancer, including myself. I have had treatment for early stage breast cancer twice, the first time in 2004 and the second time in 2006. I am celebrating having finished treatment and no longer being on the receiving end of the wonderful groups of people who quietly work in the background to support those who have cancer. I have decided to do this by working on a community quilt, like the nurses in Brisbane, that can be raffled to raise money for cancer research with the hope that our kids will benefit.

I have worked in the Interior Design Industry for many years and have a huge collection of fabric offcuts, remaining from soft furnishing work and samples. I am inspired to design quilts from an interior designer's perspective - that hopefully will appeal enough for people to buy tickets and enjoy the quilt.

1 comment:

Amanda and Lizzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.