Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Crafty Lady #03 - Luci Everett

Oops, I missed a post yesterday. Sorry Its because I am working hard on 'The Heart Quilt' and ran our of time. I'll put photos up soon so you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, enough about me. Today's post is to introduce to you a very crafty and talented lady, Miss Luci Everett. Luci is a young lady who was in the year above me at uni and who's work I have always admired AND who I was finally introduced to in person last year.

I was so so excited when Luci said she would sew a patch for The Crafty Ladies & Gents Quilt because her work is brilliant! She has such a beautiful touch to her work, something I admire and am inspired by every time I see her work. I'm a little bit addicted to looking at her flickr which is full of beautiful photographs. Also she is busy working on two other projects - We Make Words which you can view here and The Side Project which you can see here. Oh yeah and she also has a blog check it here! Whoa, busy lady.

At the moment Luci is working part time as in-house designer for the Australian Ballet, and part time in her bedroom doing far more playful freelance projects. Check out her website here, she just updated it with so many beautiful new projects. Luci also told me she is in the midst of putting together an online print store, which I find very exciting, finally I can own a piece of Luci's perfectly whimsical work. When I ask Luci for an update she also mentioned, and I quote, '...if I go any further I'd start talking about drinking way too much coffee and getting way awesome muscles from bicycling... which is not very relevant... anyway...'. And that my friends just proves just how nice, funny and awesome this girl is. Thanks Luci!!

Okay time to look at her work, you will be blown away I promise...

No comments: