Thursday, July 1, 2010

Crafty Lady #014 - Amy Borrell

I have another lovely little crafter to introduce to you and her name is Amy Borrell. I first met her at my uni (although she may not remember as there were about 70 of us listening to her talk) where we both studied Communication Design, she was the year above me and someone who I looked up to. I remember one project in particular Amy made in her final year that we all were blown away by and that was a book she hand bound, leaving the spine raw exposing the rainbow stitching (see below for photo). The book was a collection of photos, letters, memories and favorite things collected for a life lived so far, ordered A-Z. I knew then that Amy was a girl to keep my eye on, and I was right!

Since then she has been illustrating and designing her little heart out. She has many blogs and projects to get lost in. Have a peek at her lovely folio website, One Day her illustration blog, We Make Words a project her and Luci Everett (another of our crafty ladies) work on together, and her beautiful shop.

I received her progress photos of her absolutely gorgeous patch in my inbox yesterday & I couldn't wait to share, have a look below. Thank you so so much Amy!!



Progress images of Amy's patch!! So so so so so lovely!

From a selection of Amy's gorgeous illustrations

Award ribbon brooches, intended for wear on days in need of a little brightening.
For 'Insert Coin Here' part of the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival.

From a selection of Amy's gorgeous illustrations

Three French Hens : Finger Puppet set for Craft Victoria's christmas window display.

Little Explorers

A collection of photos, letters, memories and favorite things collected for a life lived so far, ordered A-Z. French folded and section sewn with an embroidered cover.

No comments: